Lead Web Engineer
Want to be at the forefront of developing the smoothest interface for real estate professionals all around the globe ? Fancy guiding a team in a very open atmosphere in a young and rapidly growing company ?
Then give us a shout ! We’re looking for you !
Over 10.000 real estate agents use Nodalview to capture AI-powered eye-catching photos and 360° immersive virtual tours of properties using their smartphone. In November 2020, we raised € 4,1 M in funding, following the previous € 1,7 M in September 2019. In 2020, we have grown from 15 to 40 people, and we plan to grow to about 80 people in 2021. We can safely say we have achieved product-market fit and that we are financially healthy. So now it's time to scale, hard. We were already active in France, Belgium and Switzerland, and have recently expanded into Portugal, Spain and Italy, with more European markets to follow this year.
As our Lead Web Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the availability and constant optimization of our platform, including the web application and the internal API that generate the image output (high quality pictures, 360° panoramas, VR tours and video)
Automating parts of the online Nodalview customer journey (onboarding, payment gateways, order flow to our logistics partner, …)
- As we grow more and more internationally; adapting our web application to local requirements, such as different languages, API’s with local real estate websites, …
- Keeping communication flowing between web development and all other parts of the company: e.g. customer input that Customer Success is getting, aligning with the mobile development people, …
Managing and coaching a team of 7 Developers.
Structuring and organizing the activities of you and your team, as well as doing a substantial amount of development work yourself.
You will be reporting to our Head of Engineering and cooperating closely with our CTO and CEO. You’ll have a great deal of freedom and responsibility in organising your job and your team in the way you see fit. Since we are growing fast, your team will probably grow over the coming years.
Sounds like fun? Then hit that apply button!
Who are we looking for?
- You can manage, coach and organize a team and structure its processes.
- You have a strong solution focus and you can adapt your plans to changing circumstances
- You can listen well to customer feedback and decide from it what you and your team need to do put in place to delight the customer.
- You take initiative and you do what is necessary to make you and your team ship reliable code fast.
- Willingness to join a team based in Brussels: the strength of the wolf is the pack and the strength of the pack is the wolf. We have to meet each other on a regular basis in order to cooperate in an efficient way.
- You have a rock-solid 7+ years experience in backend web development and you’ve worked with the following:
- Ideally, Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Alternatively, Node, Python, or C# programming language and a fully-fledged MVC Framework and a willingness to learn Ruby and Rails.
- You have experience with AWS, more specifically with EC2, S3, SQS, Cloudfront, and Elastic Beanstalk
- You have already designed & delivered REST and GraphQL APIs, bonus point if those were consumed by mobile applications
- You have worked in an Agile & Iterative way (Scrum, Kanban, XP, ...)
- You have experience with source code versioning tools, specifically git and git-flow
- You actively use design patterns in the development process
- You have experience with test-first development techniques (TDD, BDD, ATDD, ...)
- You know the importance of security and you follow the best industry security practices
- You’re a fast learner, especially willing to work with advanced Ruby on Rails patterns and new tools
- Excellent English communication skills and ability to get your point across clearly and concisely.
Want to know if you’d feel at home at Nodalview ? Check out our values:
Be passionate - We love what we do
Keep it simple - We focus on the essence and continuously improve
Go for excellence - We set the bar high and aim to be industry leaders
Deliver awesomeness - Putting a smile on our customers' faces is what keeps us going
Win together - We trust each other, care for each other and we work together, always
What we offer
Not just a great job in a start-up that has already earned its stripes and is now scaling up to the next phase, but also an excellent accelerator of your professional growth. Hang on; the coming years will be a bit of a rollercoaster ride, but it‘ll be the ride of your life!
- An environment with highly skilled technical staff in different domains: mobile, web, image processing, computer vision, data management, ...
- A strong salary package, above market with several significant fiscal optimisations.
- A nifty budget for configuring your own gear setup (laptop, smartphone, earphones, …).
A balance between life & work: we believe someone gives his best at work only when his/her private life time is respected.
- A great bunch of open-minded colleagues.
Have a Question?
Feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or remarks.
Please bear in mind that for most of our open positions, we are receiving a lot of applications. Because of this, we unfortunately can’t always provide you individual feedback concerning your application. If you’d like to have more feedback on your application, feel free to reach out to us !