Senior Android Engineer
Want to be at the forefront of developing the most user-friendly photo & visuals app for real estate professionals all around the globe ? Fancy a lot of responsibility in a very open atmosphere in a young and rapidly growing company ?
Then give us a shout ! We’re looking for you !
Over 6.000 real estate agents use Nodalview to capture AI-powered eye-catching photos and 360° immersive virtual tours of properties using their smartphone. In September 2019, we secured € 1,7 M in funding to support our further international growth.
As our Senior Android Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Constantly monitoring the performance and leading the optimization of our Android app, based on continuous customer feedback.
Building new app features and ensuring a smooth integration with our web application and with our backend
that processes the image data coming in from the app, to high quality pictures, 360° panoramas, VR tours and video.
- As we grow more and more internationally; adapting our apps to local requirements, such as different languages, …
- Keeping communication flowing between Mobile Development and all other parts of the company: e.g. customer input that Customer Success is getting, aligning with the web development people, …
Coaching and possibly managing future (Android) Developers.
Structuring and organizing your development activities, in close cooperation with your fellow Mobile Engineers.
You will be reporting to our Lead Mobile Engineer and cooperating closely with our CTO and CEO. You’ll have a great deal of freedom and responsibility in organising your job in the way you see fit. Since we are growing fast, your team will probably grow over the coming years.
What we offer
- Not just a great job in a start-up that has already earned its stripes and is now scaling up to the next phase, but also an excellent accelerator of your professional growth. Hang on; the coming years will be a bit of a rollercoaster ride, but it‘ll be the ride of your life !
- A strong and flexible salary package.
- A nifty budget for configuring your own gear setup (laptop, smartphone, earphones, …).
- A great bunch of open-minded colleagues (or should we say friends ?).
Want to know if you’d feel at home at Nodalview ? Check out our DNA:
- We are close to our customers, we believe a personal touch is crucial in all our client contacts.
- We communicate directly with each other, but we treat each other with respect.
- We expect everyone to speak their mind, and we expect everyone to listen
- We work autonomously; we take ownership and initiative in our jobs.
- We stay in touch with our customers so we know what we need to optimize: we adapt, test, and adapt again, until we’re happy with the result.
- We don’t do politics & egos, cooperation is the magic word.
- We also don’t do boring. If a job here is a bit of a rollercoaster, we might as well have a bit of fun during the ride :).
Who are we looking for ?
- You have at least 3 years in Android development with Java and/or Kotlin and you’ve worked with some of the following:
- persistence layers & caching mechanisms
- image & video processing
- location services
- bluetooth connections
- push notifications
- You can build solid UI/UX into your apps.
- The apps that you’ve developed are integrated with RESTful web services and efficiently handle data transfer and processing.
- You actively use design patterns in the development process.
- You know the importance of security and you follow the best industry security practices.
- You have advanced knowledge in threading and concurrency management.
- You have a strong solution focus and you can adapt your plans to changing circumstances.
- You’re a fast learner, especially keeping in touch with the evolution and changes of Android.
Bonus points for experience in
- Android NDK
- Test driven development
- Continuous integration
- You take initiative and you do what is necessary to ship reliable code fast.
- You are proficient in English, French or Dutch is a plus.
Have a question ?
Feel free to e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) us if you have any question or remark.