Senior Backend Web Engineer
Do you want to build a modern platform orchestrating the data flow between mobile devices, AI processes, and photo enhancement workers? Do you want to join a growing team and play a key role in our technical decisions for the future? Do you want to work on an evolving product facing mature challenges?
Then give us a shout! We’re looking for you ;)
Over 10.000 real estate agents use Nodalview to capture AI-powered eye-catching photos and 360° immersive virtual tours of properties using their smartphones. In November 2020, we raised € 4,1 M in funding, following the previous € 1,7 M in September 2019. This last year, we have grown from 5 to 50 people, and we will grow even stronger in 2021. We can safely say we have achieved product-market fit and that we are financially healthy. So now it's time to scale. We were already active in France, Belgium and Switzerland, and are currently expanding into new markets in Portugal, Spain and Italy.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Web Engineer here at Nodalview. What you will be responsible for:
Delivering new features in our web application written in Ruby on Rails. From the code to the automated tests and of course also the documentation. You'll get to take ownership for user stories and deliver them in an iterative way.
Providing technical counseling; we are very proud to use modern tools without falling into the fashion traps. To achieve this you can apply your comprehensive technical awareness and do experiments that are thorough but efficient. You will collaborate on picking the right tool for the right job.
Improving and automating infrastructure operations: as a fast-growing company, we know the importance of scalability and automation. You will use and improve the tools that we have built for hosting and monitoring our app in the cloud.
Sounds like fun? Then hit that apply button!
What we offer
- Not just a great job in a start-up that has already earned its stripes and is now scaling up to the next phase, but also an excellent accelerator of your professional growth. Hang on; the coming years will be a bit of a rollercoaster ride, but it‘ll be the ride of your life!
- An environment with highly skilled technical staff in different domains: mobile, web, image processing, computer vision, data management, ...
- A strong salary package, above market with several significant fiscal optimisations.
- A nifty budget for configuring your own gear setup (laptop, smartphone, earphones, …).
A balance between life & work: we believe someone gives his best at work only when his/her private life time is respected.
- A great bunch of open-minded colleagues.
Want to know if you’d feel at home at Nodalview? Check out our DNA:
- We are close to our customers, we believe a personal touch is crucial in all our client contacts.
- We communicate directly with each other, but we treat each other with respect.
- We expect everyone to speak their mind, and we expect everyone to listen to others.
- We work autonomously; we take ownership and initiative in our jobs.
- We stay in touch with our customers so we know what we need to optimize: we adapt, test, and adapt again until we’re happy with the result.
- We don’t do politics & egos, cooperation is the magic word.
- We also don’t do boring. If a job here is a bit of a rollercoaster, we might as well have a bit of fun during the ride :).
Who are we looking for?
- You have a rock-solid 4-10 years experience in backend web development and you’ve worked with the following:
- Ideally, Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Alternatively, Node, Python, or C# programming language and a fully-fledged MVC Framework and a willingness to learn Ruby and Rails.
- You have experience with AWS, more specifically with EC2, S3, SQS, Cloudfront, and Elastic Beanstalk
- You have already designed & delivered REST and GraphQL APIs, bonus point if those were consumed by mobile applications
- You have worked in an Agile & Iterative way (Scrum, Kanban, XP, ...)
- You have experience with source code versioning tools, specifically git and git-flow
- You actively use design patterns in the development process
- You have experience with test-first development techniques (TDD, BDD, ATDD, ...)
- You know the importance of security and you follow the best industry security practices
- You’re a fast learner, especially willing to work with advanced Ruby on Rails patterns and new tools
- Excellent English communication skills and ability to get your point across clearly and concisely
- Willingness to join a team based in Brussels: the strength of the wolf is the pack and the strength of the pack is the wolf. We have to meet each other on a regular basis in order to cooperate in an efficient way.
Have a Question?
Feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com if you have any questions or remarks.
Please bear in mind that for most of our open positions, we are receiving a lot of applications. Because of this, we unfortunately can’t always provide you individual feedback concerning your application. If you’d like to have more feedback on your application, feel free to reach out to us !